- Engine Type|Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder, 4-valve, SOHC
- Displacement|660 cc
- Bore x Stroke|100.0 x 84.0 mm
- Compression Ratio|10.0 : 1
- Lubrication System|Dry sump
- Fuel Management|Fuel injection
- Starter System|Electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity|23 L
- Oil Capacity|2.9 L
- Final Transmission|Chain drive
- Transmission|Constant mesh, 5-speed
- Length|2246 mm
- Width|896 mm
- Height|1477 mm
- Seat Height|896 mm
- Wheelbase|1500 mm
- Ground Clearance|260 mm
- Dry Weight|190 kg
- Wet Weight|209 kg with 23 litres of fuel
- Frame Type|Steel tube diamond shaped
- Suspension Front|Telescopic forks
- Suspension Rear|Swingarm (monocross)
- Brakes Front|Dual discs, 298
- Brakes Rear|Single disc, 245
- Tyres Front|90/90-21 M/C
- Tyres Rear|130/80-17 M/C
Return of the Ténéré legend
The name Ténéré has been synonymous with off road adventures ever since the original dual sport machine was first launched in the early 1980s.
Developed from Yamaha’s highly successful Dakar race-winning factory bikes, the original Ténéré models built up a huge following of loyal owners during the 1980s and 90s.
With an unrivalled reputation for durability, strong on and off road performance, high levels of long-distance comfort, and the ability to handle hostile off road terrain, the machine was one of Yamaha’s best-selling models and a favourite for tackling harsh conditions.
Such was its ‘go-anywhere, do-anything’ reputation, that it became the machine of choice for numerous round-the-world travellers, and to this day the original Ténéré and its successors have probably clocked up more orbits of the earth than any other single-cylinder motorcycle. And at the same time as being the number one choice with adventure-seekers, the original Ténéré also became a favourite with riders looking for a tough, reliable and stylish all-rounder that could perform well in almost any environment.
The XTZ660 Tenere is designed to offer a new generation of adventure-seeking riders the opportunity to explore a new world of possibilities. True to the original ‘go-anywhere’ design philosophy.
*Images are shown for reference only, product specifications and data are subject to change without notice.