- Engine Type|Liquid cooled, 4-stroke DOHC 4 valve, forward-inclined parallel 2-cylinder with YCCT + traction control
- Displacement|1199 cc
- Bore x Stroke|98.0 X 79.5 mm
- Compression Ratio|11.0:1
- Lubrication System|Dry Sump
- Fuel Management|Fuel Injection
- Engine Management|EFI, YCC-T, D-MODE
- Starter System|Electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity|23 L
- Oil Capacity|4.2 L
- Final Transmission|Shaft drive with hypoid gear design
- Transmission|Constant mesh, 6-speed
- Length|2250 mm
- Width|980 mm
- Height|1410 mm
- Seat Height|845 mm
- Wheelbase|1540 mm
- Ground Clearance|205 mm
- Dry Weight|240 kg
- Wet Weight|257 kg with 23 litres of fuel
- Frame Type|Steel tube backbone
- Suspension Front|Telescopic forks 190mm front travel
- Suspension Rear|Swingarm 190mm rear travel
- Brakes Front|Dual disc 310mm, ABS + unified braking system
- Brakes Rear|Single disc 282mm, ABS + unified braking system
- Tyres Front|110/80 x 19
- Tyres Rear|150/70 x 17
The XTZ1200 inherits the spirit of the legendary Ténéré models that drove an era of Yamaha dominance during the 1980s and ’90s in the Dakar Rally, widely known as the world’s most demanding endurance rally.
The Super Ténéré is designed to achieve a high-level balance of the qualities riders want in an intercontinental long-distance touring, including:
(1) Unmatched long distance capability
(2) Excellent dirt road performance
(3) Light and agile cornering on mountain roads
To realise the three qualities mentioned above, the engine and chassis were designed from scratch with developmental efforts focused on a centralised of mass chassis design, lower centre of gravity and the desired level of front wheel weight distribution.
Powered by a newly developed liquid-cooled 4-stroke 1199cc in-line twin cylinder engine, the XTZ1200 bristles with new control technologies aimed at offering outstanding long-distance touring performance.
The in-line twin-cylinder engine with a 270-degree crankshaft and 4-valve DOHC head sports a side-mounted radiator that contributes to centralisation of machine mass and mounted on a new frame. Also, the YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) seen on Yamaha Supersports machines now has traction control and a function enabling the rider to select running modes.
Other state-of-the-art technologies like a 3-position ABS system and adoption of a Unified Brake System are added to realise a higher level of touring performance. This is truly a model worthy of being called an ultimate machine for intercontinental adventure.
*Images are shown for reference only, product specifications and data are subject to change without notice.